My First Blog

Friday, September 22, 2006

Friday & Irish

An Irishman walks into a bar on Friday and orders 3 beers. Upon getting the beers he sips each one until they are empty, then orders 3 more. The Bartender asks if he wouldn't rather have them one at a time and the man replies that he and his 2 brothers had a few beers every Fri., but now one lives in Australia, the other America and he promised to keep the tradition alive.

This goes on for several months until the man comes in one Fri. and orders 2 beers.

The Bartender brings the 2 beers and says sorry about your brother mate.

The man looks puzzeled at first , then breaks out laughing and says, nothing happened to my brothers, I just gave up drinking beer for Lent.

Slainte

3 Comments:

At 7:53 AM, Blogger Tim said...

I don't think I've ever heard that one before. hillarious

 
At 9:37 AM, Blogger Galoot said...

I've never given up booze for lent. Never!

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger PreppyGirl said...

Love it. Cheers to you too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home